Science and Technology Policy Fellowship, DOE Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO)
- I led an initiative to increase outreach to minority serving institutions to increase the diversity of applicants for SETO funding.
- I planned and facilitated internal discussions and training for SETO employees on diversity, equity, and inclusion in SETO programming.
Workshop Lead for Eureka! Summer Program for Girls, Inc!, UMass Amherst
- I planned and led an interactive laboratory workshop for middle school girls from local underserved school districts (Holyoke and Springfield, MA). I taught them the basics of how solar cells work and guided them in building their own functioning solar cells using basic redox chemistry. I also connected this workshop to broader concepts such as the importance of renewable energy and basic scientific research.
“#metoo” Panel, Greenfield Community College
- As a panelist, I shared my expertise on how to build and sustain grassroots movements to combat sexual violence in the wake of the #metoo movement with faculty and students at Greenfield Community College. I discussed how to ensure that women’s movements are inclusive of those with intersectional identities and how to encourage participation from community members both in person and on social media platforms.
“Sexual Harassment in the Workplace” Panel, Society of Women Engineers (SWE), UMass Amherst
- As a panelist, I shared my personal experiences with sexual harassment and put them in the larger context of sexual violence in STEM fields for an audience of engineering undergraduate students. I discussed concrete strategies to combat everyday sexual harassment and helped clarify the process of reporting instances of sexual harassment.